Friday, March 16, 2012

Travelling Smoothie



I have a favorite smoothie I make especially when travelling. 
It's yummy, portable, and keeps me filled up a long time. 
But the best part is it is diet-friendly! 
So, here is my "recipe" for Low-Carb Berry Smoothie:


To a strong blender add equal portions of frozen strawberries and frozen mixed berries.
Add to that enough heavy cream or coconut milk 
to allow the blender to blend.
Blend.


I know it's a complicated recipe, but it is worth it. Sometimes I add a teaspoon of homemade vanilla extract, too. At first this is so thick it's like fresh made ice cream. Later, it is drinkable. But it is always thick and rich. This is so cold and satisfying, I could have one everyday except I don't enjoy washing my blender that much. 

 You'll know it's done when it looks like this-



Enjoy! I know I will!


-Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment