Friday, September 9, 2011

The Harcombe Diet

The Harcombe Diet.

Ever heard of it? If you are like most Americans, you probably haven't. I hadn't either until earlier this year. Even then, I didn't look into it.

Yes, I weighed more than I did before I had kids, but so what?
Well, my sister (who has consistently been shown to be smarter than I) tried the diet.
Not only did she lose weight, she felt great! And she looked great. Her skin looked great even without makeup, and she was practically glowing! No, she's not pregnant.
She strongly encouraged me to get the book,
Well, I did, and boy, am I glad!

I have been doing the Harcombe Diet for a little over a month now and have lost 16 pounds without portion control, calorie counting, fat counting, or exercising.
I couldn't be happier!

The question is,
why isn't the world doing this?
Who would prefer cardboard-flavored meal replacements over real food?
Who would prefer tiny portions over eating enough to be pleasantly full?

I suppose the answer is that, outside the UK, Zoe Harcombe is virtually unknown.
What a shame.


I wish I had the money to buy the book for all my friends.
All of my friends would be happier if they were healthier.
Nearly everyone could stand to lose a few (or more) pounds.

The benefits of this way of eating go beyond weight loss.
I'm not depressed anymore. I still take my St. Johns Wort because the days I don't I do feel more anxious, but this is the first time in my adult life that I am not battling depression. I'm having fewer headaches. I have more energy. I am eating only real food. No junk. I can have strawberries and cream after most my meals if I so choose. But I don't crave them, and I don't want them that often.
I actually have a good appetite for the first time in years.
I look forward to meals now.
I feel so much better.

One month of no wheat, no caffeine, no sugar (except what occurs naturally in fruit),
and this is the result.
Most of the first week was hard, but, honestly, for the first time in my memory,
I don't crave sweets anymore!
Even as a kid, I was a sugar junkie.

I used to live in fear that I would become a diabetic. I no longer worry about that.

It is sooo freeing! This isn't a diet anymore, it's a new way of eating.

I hope to lose about five or ten more pounds, but even if I didn't lose a pound on this diet,
I am MUCH healthier than before.

I know I sound like an ad. Sorry. I'm just so happy. I wanted to share with as many folks as I can.
No, I am not getting paid for this. I don't care. Get the book.
You know you have wasted more than twenty bucks before, but what if this isn't a waste?
What if this is the book that will change your life, too?
I HIGHLY recommend Zoe Harcombe's book,

Zoe Harcombe even has a forum for support and tips. It can be read for free.
You can find it at

That's the end of my public service announcement.
Have a great weekend! I know I will!
-Susan

1 comment: