Saturday, January 1, 2011

Here's breastmilk in your eye!

I originally started my other blog to blog about "mom things." Then, I realized that people other than my immediate family enjoyed my photography. Talk about gratifying! So, that blog became a photo blog. That's not a bad thing, but I still need a mom outlet. Welcome to my new mom blog! I hope you enjoy the journey!

Over Christmas, I was the lucky recipient of pink eye (a.k.a. conjunctivitis). Some of the folks I visited were just getting over it, and despite not sharing face cloths or anything like that, I awoke the next day with crusty, itchy eyes. The only other time in my life I have had pink eye was shortly after I was married. It was irritating, itchy, and disgusting. That was long before I had my daughter. This time, on the other hand, I was a breastfeeding mom! I remembered reading that breastmilk is the best thing for that funky eye condition some newborns get, so I looked it up. Sure enough, breastmilk is a super remedy for pink eye, too! What amazed me was how quickly it worked. My eyes went from itchy and gummy to 90% of normal in less than an hour! The relief of itching was instant. Add to that, no doctor's visit, no prescription, no co-pay- nothing! And unlike eye drops, the temperature was perfect.

So, I hope none of you ever have pink eye or kiddos with pink eye, but if you do, remember that many of you have the best cure literally at your fingertips!
Not only is breastmilk the perfect food for your baby or toddler,
not only is it an acceptable substitute for raw cow or goat milk in coffee,
it's a magical cure for eye infections!

Hope you are enjoying the new year! I am so far!

-Susan

1 comment:

  1. The healing wonders of breast milk. I loved how cuts would almost disappear as I slept.. and I was only sleeping a few hours at a time. When our little self weaned at 13 months... bye bye magic healing liquid.

    ReplyDelete